The impact of a BETTER education ripples beyond our students
By 2030 By 2030 children across East Timor will have access to a BETTER education.
Our mission is to give East Timor a hand up through revolutionary education, not a hand out.
Set a new national education standard in East Timor.
Our strategic goals
BETTER has developed a strategic plan (2021 – 2030) with three key focus areas and three associated objectsives to assist BETTER deliver its vision and mission and ensure our sustainability as a charitable organisation
Strategic Priority 1: Education & Training
- Develop a bespoke practical curriculum based on best practice, giving consideration to both Australian and East Timorese education systems
- Develop metric driven, measurable checkpoints for students to demonstrate progress and suitability of the curriculum
- Create a sustainable teacher training program based on performance metrics to deliver the highest standards of education to BETTER students
Strategic Priority 2: Sustainability
- Provide resources and guidance to the East Timorese so that they can continue BETTER’s vision into the future
- Recruit a local team on the ground to empower the East Timorese and enable oversight of construction and community-based programs as they are developed
- East Timor is leading the delivery of quality education without the need for BETTER’s involvement
Strategic Priority 3: Advocacy
- BETTER’s impact can be measured using an objective tool that demonstrates success and increases BETTER’s profile
- BETTER achieves credibility in the market by demonstrating an increased impact and sharing stories regarding student success
- Government bodies in both Australia and East Timor are advocates of BETTER’s work and impact